Presidential debates have gotten nastier than ever.
In an effort to assure a calm, respectful event in the future, I submit the following suggestions for debate topics.
1. Shampoo bottles advocate that you should lather, rinse, and repeat. Do you feel the repeat part is necessary and why? You each have two minutes to respond.
2. McDonalds or Burger King?
3. The Holy Roman Empire was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire. Discuss.
4. For how many days is it acceptable to wear the same pair of pants?
5. Is Bigfoot real? If so, what do you plan to do about it?
6. How late should children be allowed to stay up on a school night?
7. Apple or Android?
8. The American flag has been red, white, and blue for more than two hundred years. Is it time for splashier colors? Explain.
9. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
10. There has been some debate about whether it is acceptable to go swimming less than an hour after eating. What are your thoughts?
That’s all the questions we have time for this evening folks. Thank you and good night.